Tuesday 8 April 2008

Introductions

Just thought I'd break from the daily log and give some introductions.

WE are:
Bob, age 40 - born in Arkansas; married once before I knew him with a son, Zach, now 18; lawfully and Biblically freed from that union long before we met; a hard worker who always tries to do the right thing; a budding photographer; a real handy man who can fix anything

Me, age 30 - born in Japan of American parents; homeschooled as a child; multi-tasker

Bob and I have been married 11 years

Taryn, age 9 - born in Arkansas; avid reader; bossy little mama; singer; talker

Naysha, age 5 - she and all the rest were born in Texas; curly hair; server and helper; cuddly; reserved

Azariah, age 4 - serious; 100% boy and 10% bulldozer; deep thinker; perfectionist; a little shy; great with babies

Cedwryck, age 3 - jokester; ready for anything

Elisabeth, age 1 1/2 - small in stature but big in attitude; everybody's darling

William, age 6 months - roly-poly baby; extremely good natured; my surprise boy (sonogram said he was a girl)


Some of my frequent readers and commenters are:
"mums" - my mother
"JC" - my aunt
"SaintSeminole" - my brother
"S.A.M." - my sister-in-law
"Ganieda" - my friend from Australia, who I met on a Christian forum online
"Kimba" - a real-life friend of Ganieda
and a few other blogger friends

Everybody shake hands!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, hello everyone. One thing I would truly like to know. How is Ganieda pronounced? jc

MamaOlive said...

I wonder that myself.
I did a search and discovered that is the name of Merlin's sister in Welsh legend, but that doesn't help much.

Soooo???

Ganeida said...

Oh! That's me. Why on earth are you asking me? Not only was Ganeida Merlin's sister she was a ban file (ban=woman, file=poet) in her own right. The name means morning star so refers to Venus & I was charmed. As to pronounciation, I have no real idea. However at a guess I would go with Gan~E~d/t~a. There is a lack of clear distinction between a 'd' & a 't' sound in some Gaelic words. And on & on she goes. You didn't want to know all that, did, you? No, I didn't think so but think how much more you now know. =D

Mrs. Darling said...

I wondered how you knew Ganieda? Now i know. Twas nice to meet everyone.

MamaOlive said...

Ganeida, now why would I ask you how to say your own screen name?
Thanks for the extra info. I like to know where words come from.

MrsD, how do you know her? It's *her* fault I started blogging in the first place.
Glad to see you.

Ganeida said...

My fault? My fault! Uh, there's a bit of that going round actually.But think how much fun we're all having.

kimba said...

Actually Mama I am not a relative of Ganeida's in the blood just a sister in Christ and I joined mainly so I could wind her up(Tease her).

Ganeida said...

Well, I wasn't disowning you publically, Kimba but if you feel like that about it...!!!

lol. Just teasing.

MamaOlive said...

You guys are funny.

I'll edit the post. ;-)

S.A.M. said...

I feel so honored. Thanks for the shout out Shari. Your descriptions of the kids were so spot on.

Hello everybody. I'd like to say a special hi to Ganieda as I read your comments everyday and you are the only commenter I'm not acquainted with, or related to by marriage.

:-)

Ganeida said...

Hi s.a.m Nice to *meet* you.(Hey, Kimba ~ you just acquired another relative!!!hehe)

Wil said...

Ha. Need to update the ages? :-)