Tuesday 15 April 2008

Advert

Seeing as how my posts come up on Google searches, I thought I'd try a bit of an ad to see if it gets me anywhere...

Homeschool family RAF Lakenheath Mildenhall Feltwell support group fellowship Christian children

How's that? I'd really like to meet some homeschoolers in the area just to hang out and fellowship with. There is a home school support group on RAF Lakenheath, but they are very hush-hush. You pretty much have to join the group before they'll even tell you what kind of meetings they have, and even though it's just $20 per year, I hate to pay in just to find out I'd never be able to go. But Taryn really wants a friend, and I think it'd be a good idea for them to see other children homeschool, too. I don't want them growing up thinking we were off our rockers or something.


The base has one advertising thing, which is on a secure website, and it doesn't allow any meetings or services to be posted. It's like they're afraid people would actually help each other. The reasoning behind the rules is something about making money off a military-sponsored thing, but give me a break!
I'm not looking to start an official function, I just want to meet some people.

5 comments:

S.A.M. said...

I'll be praying for you so can find a good homeschool group.

Unknown said...

Good luck finding a good homeschooling group and friends for Taryn.

We were an Air Force family but never got stationed overseas (I wanted to be, but oh well). My mind is boggled by how much you paid for gas! I think it's outrageous when I pay $50 for a full tank of gas for my van.

MamaOlive said...

Thanks for your prayers, S.A.M.

Hi Ashley, welcome to my blog!
That was the first time we'd bought gas "in town" - it's average American prices on base, thank God. I feel sorry for the British people trying to make ends meet.

Mrs. Darling said...

Im looking to connect with more homeschoolers too. Too bad we dont live in the same city!

MamaOlive said...

Mrs. D, sounds like you'd be a lot of fun to hang out with.