Tuesday 4 January 2011

birds

I really noticed how much I enjoy birds, especially song birds, while in England. The neighbors in Cheveley all had a dozen bird feeders and houses and baths. When we'd go for a walk, if I could get the children quiet, we were inundated with birdsong. So I was pleased to inherit a bird feeder.


This morning I got a few pictures. This one has a bonus female cardinal, that I didn't see until I got to the computer.



Not being content, however, we bought another two feeders for the back yard. These are seen from the kitchen window, and have attracted a few new birds.



I was pleased to see a bright, fat male cardinal show up a couple of days ago, but this is Ferdinand the Cardinal so I haven't got a good picture yet. Named after the famous bull, he isn't aggressive at all.

Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

2 comments:

Ganeida said...

Is Tiger an inside cat only? Otherwise you have provided what my Dearest refers to as a *Cat snack bar*. lol

MamaOlive said...

Tiger is an inside-for-now cat. Once he is neutered and the weather warms this Spring, we plan to let him out. We may have to close the snack bar in the summer. Or something. :-]