Monday 1 September 2008

internet

The internet is cool. I knew that 11 years ago when I was able to buy Rejected of Men with an hours' search, and had not been able to find a copy in the preceding 5 years of searching.

But I know it again now, because I was able to read all about Australia's government and election system with just a few keystrokes of effort on my part.

And last night I was moved to tears by some beautiful singing on YouTube.

And yesterday I ordered groceries to be delivered today, and took tours of several resort properties all across Europe, and talked with friends I've never met...

The internet is cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree "the Internet is cool"! It is great for all the reasons you mentioned. And now that we have high speed connection, it's even better, except I don't get any crocheting done waiting on web pages to load.
mums

Ganeida said...

You now probably know more about our govt than I do. Politics does sooo bore me!

MamaOlive said...

Well, I know a bit about the voting at least. The actual government is a little beyond me. Go figure - I was able to figure out the part that one actually *does.* I like the idea of rating candidates instead of just picking one.