Thursday 12 June 2008

Happy Thursday

fooey. I keep thinking of things to write about when I'm doing dishes, but when I sit at the computer my mind goes blank.

Yesterday I made some quesadillas from scratch (blogger doesn't recognize that word, so I don't know if it's spelled right), and I was gonna post the recipe, but when it came time to cook them, some split and the cheese leaked out, so I don't consider that a successful endeavor.

William got his 5th tooth yesterday - he has 4 on bottom and 1 on top. He is 8 months old now, and is really starting to like eating at the table. He's not fond of texture yet, but we are working on it. Lately, when we try to sit him up on the floor, he just stiffens his legs to stand up rather than sit. He has the strength to stand, but not the balance. Even holding on, he wobbles a lot. Speaking of sitting up, he will sit fine, but if he sees something he wants and cannot reach, he is very careful of how he goes to get it. He remembers that when he just dove for things he fell on his nose, so now he sits and thinks about it for awhile. If he really wants it, he slowly slowly moves down to his belly and then scoots over to the desired object. Many times he decided it's not worth the risk.

Bob passed his PT test yesterday. They are talking about having the BMI as a litmus test. In that case, he'd have to lose 30lbs before he could even take the PT test. Not that I'd mind us both being a bit thinner, but I would mind a dishonorable discharge from the military just 'cause he isn't skinny.

Anyway, it's time to get my day sorted out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is BMI ? jc

MamaOlive said...

Body Mass Index - basically the height and weight charts combined.

Mrs. Darling said...

Hey are you going to weigh in thsi week? And did you get the contest prize yet? Goodness I hope it made it!

Dawn said...

My hubby likes when I make chicken and cheese quesadillas as well :)

Glad your beloved passed his PT test. Mine has a 'walk only' profile till he gets out as he has had some discomfort and spasms still where they took the stint out last month. Frankly, he can care less about PT, the Army, the unit, etc...lol. He just wants outta here already. Can't say I blame him. :)

Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

Dawn

MamaOlive said...

mrs D, I commented on the diet blog when I got the gift bag; I guess you missed it. It gets hectic over there sometimes.
Thank you for the gift - it really made me feel like a winner.
Thanks for coming to get me for the weigh in; you're terrific.

Ganeida said...

So are you, MamaO. Mighty terrific. Sending some love your way.