Friday 15 August 2008

How to occupy 5 children for 6 hours

... Give them some cardboard boxes, a new package of markers, and a roll of masking tape.

I haven't seen them all day! They even ate lunch outside, and haven't fussed (much), and unless you count the extra colors on their clothes, there has been no damage to people or objects. I guess it won't hurt for the school work to break for the occasional art day.

They made an oven and a fridge, a mail box, an arrow, and drumsticks. There may be more, but that's all I've seen so far.

I did some browsing online, filled out my absentee voter thing, wrote a birthday card for my grandma, made a practice cake for Ella's birthday next Wednesday, worked out on the cross trainer, and played with William.

I found this cool website (actually, I think Ganieda linked me to it once before) where you can read books online. http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page I think it's all public domain stuff (older books which haven't renewed the copyright), so it's legal... then I followed a link and signed up to be a proofreader for them. http://www.pgdp.net/c/ This is the site for proofreaders. I know, like I have time to do that! But it's one page at a time, and it's a good cause.

Time to check the cake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cardboard can occupy dogs also. I forgot and "left the gate open" and Pretty Pearl ate half a lid of a big cardboard box holding my microhood/oven. I caught her twice. The last time Pookie was sitting and watching her. The first time Pookie was tearing up the cardboard although I have not seen signs that Pookie ate a bunch. JC

MamaOlive said...

That's funny. I hope she didn't get sick.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, creative play, good for all. Sounds like a lot of fun.