Sunday, 29 August 2010

A full week at home

Well, I finally got caught up posting about the vacation. So now we are back to real life.

We did go to Fairford for lunch, gas, and a stop in the commissary. Poor base is closing down one day at a time; the commissary is now open 4 days per week. Then we took a moderately cross-country route until we hit the A14 just west of Cambridge, and then on home. The clouds started breaking up on the way home, and we actually got hot. Must have been 70*F! (LOL at those back home who are over 100*). Everything was normal at home.

Sunday we went to church where Bob showed off his beard.

Monday we hit the ground running.
A few things we’ve done in the one week since we got home:
Got plane tickets for our flight home
Ammended Bob’s orders (the children weren’t on it!)
Sent in the VA application (Veteran’s Administration – they will pay Bob some of his retirement, based on how “disabled” they decide he is). Turns out they won’t be able to see him in Germany before we leave here, so he will do his exam and get his verdict from Oklahoma.
Sold the minivan
Sold my sofa
Got the Mini tuned up
Made a menu and went shopping
Wrapped and packed Christmas presents
Made an offer on another house
Took Taryn to the dentist and agreed to have surgery to remove her extra tooth (it is horizontal, between her two front teeth)
Took apart the playhouse
Packed one suitcase
Sorted and packed 4 tubs of outgrown clothes
Alternated between running the fans and the heater.

I know there’s more than that, but that’s all I can remember right now.

5 weeks to go.


Anonymous said...

Did the wet mattress dry? Hope - jc

MamaOlive said...

Yes, it was as dry as the rest of the house when we left. (After 2 full days of rain, everything felt a little damp.) We put towels over and under the mattress and took turns walking up and down on it until no more water came out, then stood it on end while we slept and the towels dried.

Jon Gaskins said...

nice blog looks nice
check my blog out :D please

S.A.M. said...

We will be praying for your house. Wow, 5 weeks to go for you. I hope you enjoy the rest our your British adventure while it lasts. It's certainly been a joy to live it vicariously through your pictures and blogs. :-)

MamaOlive said...

Thanks, SAM, for the kind words and prayers. See you soon!

Wil said...

I finally got through your vacation blogs. As you can see, my wife is a much faster reader than I am. :-)