Wednesday 7 October 2009

Not complaining

I'm not griping, I'm just letting y'all know how things are going. And reminding my future self why I should eat less and exercise more.

When I stand up my pelvis comes apart.
When I sit down I get Braxton Hicks.
When I lay down my indigestion turns to reflux.
When I kneel my arthritic knees give out.
Anytime I go from one position to the other, I have to use the toilet.

But otherwise I'm doing great. :-P

Just for the record, Taryn has started piano lessons. She's had two so far, and covered a month's worth of the book.

Cedwryck has/had an infected ingrown fingernail, for which he is taking oral and topical antibiotics, as well as a few soaks in peroxide/water to pull the puss out. He also had an ingrown toenail, but it didn't get infected. Then today he scraped the top of his foot and got a splinter in the bottom of it. I think he likes being picked on.

William has discovered the comma and the question mark, and uses them to seek approval. "Table, right?" "Cup, right?" "Bite, please?" (And "right" and "please" are usually two-syllables, but not whined.)

Ella is well on her way to being potty trained. She has also discovered Riah's old trick of telling me she "didn't" do something, when she actually did. For example:
Me: Ella, go put your shoes on the shoe shelf. Ella (after running off with the shoes): I didn't put the shoes in the den!

Naysha and Riah are both learning to read. If one of them can't figure out a word, they just wait a second and the other one will get it.

Bob is looking forward to the baby being born so he can get some time off work.

Weather is autumnal; crisp and cool in the mornings and evenings, but warming in the afternoon. We actually had rain yesterday, for the first time since I don't know when. I'd started watering the yard a few weeks ago, because it was all brown and not comfy to walk on.

Happy Wednesday, folks.

4 comments:

The HoJo's said...

That is part of why I stopped at 3 children, the back the pelvis and the stomach all sent in letters of request, begging me not to go through it again :o)

Will be worth it soon enough though

xc

Misty said...

Ohh, hun. You are turning to jello!
I was following your blog on mine and it disappeared! I though you erased it! Well I fixed it and here I am again!!

MamaOlive said...

Hey, "Mom" good to have you back.

Nice to see you, Mrs. Hojo. :-)

Ganeida said...

I don't know what to say. You seem to be having a very rough time with this pregnancy. I bet you'll be glad when this little one has arrived! ☺