Sunday 3 May 2009

a whole week

Can't believe it's been so long!
I had my Pampered Chef party Friday night; had 9 ladies and 20 children (only 6 were boys). It was a lot of fun, and the food was good. Didn't get a huge amount of sales, but I will make my goal.

Saturday we went to the community garage sale at Lakenheath High; bought a dress for Naysha and a few books and a Game Boy with game and batteries. Then we went to the Bazaar on Mildenhall and bought nothing.

Throughout the week we fought illness, cleaned house, had some school, and Bob worked a lot.

I still don't have my voice back entirely, but it doesn't hurt to talk now.

This coming week will be full. Tuesday we are going to a Dinosaur Adventure park (Monday going to get bread for sandwiches) with the homeschool group. It's about an hour away and I will be driving without Bob. Wednesday Bob will take off work to go with me to Newmarket for my ultrasound. Thursday I have an appointment with my midwife. So far Friday is free. Saturday we will set up a table at a base craft fair to try to sell some photos and get portrait business.

Last night I put William in the bathtub without having him cry. (First time ever!) He likes to stack blocks, and we have bath blocks, so first thing I did was play blocks with him on the floor. Then, one by one, I threw the blocks in the tub. Then I put William in the tub and he stood there (holding on to me) and we figured how to stack blocks in the water (harder than it sounds). Eventually he relaxed enough to bend over to reach the blocks. Then, finally, I sat him down. He did cry at that point, but stopped crying to stack a bit more. Realizing that he was getting bored with the blocks, and the water was cooling off a bit, I went ahead and washed him, which did upset him a bit. He liked naming his chin as I washed it, but after that it was all bad. Well, it's a start.

Right now he and Ella are sitting on the floor, whispering to each other. It is so cute that they are playing together and being such good friends already. How many 19 month olds know how to actually play with another child?

Okay, stopping now before I let the floodgates all the way open.

2 comments:

Ganeida said...

Whoa! Good luck with the driving since I know you guys do it back to front. :P You sound very busy. Just make sure you take care of yourself as well as everyone else.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time at your Pampered Chef party even though the sales weren't good. It's sweet that Ella and William are playing together. I echo Ganeida -- take care of yourself. mums