Tuesday 21 April 2009

Madagascar 2

Two nights ago Bob and I sat down to watch Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa.
In trying to think of something to compare it to, the closest match in terms of stupidity and "I can't believe I watched that!" is Mars Attacks. It was super hyper in action and dialog. Constant motion and yammering. Besides that, it was full of foul language and "questionable content." They did get the PG rating instead of G (that'd be U in England), but it was obviously made for children. Except, what about the male - something - meercat, maybe? that dressed up in a coconut bra and grass skirt, and jumped out of a cake in a classic stripper move? Then danced around, making suggestive comments. And I'm sure little children would appreciate the fist fight between the granny-lady and the lion. They probably wouldn't pick up on mama lion turning out the light by squishing a lightning bug... To be honest, we didn't watch the whole thing, so my opinion is unhindered by whatever feel-good stuff happened at the end.
And to think I was glad when the toys hit McDonald's because they were innocent looking zoo animals. I'm glad we don't have a driving need to take the littles out to every animated flick that comes along.

3 comments:

Ganeida said...

I'm not a big fan of animation & I know when I first saw Shrek I asked why it was considered a children's movie because in my view much of the content, particularly the humour, was adult. No wonder our littlies want to dress like sex kittens. Yuk!

The HoJo's said...

we have just put on Madagascar 1 as we seem to have a houseful of other peoples children (over 10's) in the house and I have just been informed that a four letter reference I hadnt picked up on spells out a (mild) swear word, well thats just lovely then isn't it. :o(

Anonymous said...

All this and more is why I can't stand to watch current movies of any kind.jc