Monday 14 February 2022

Rapid-Prep Mandoline

 

Being a YouTube sensation in harder than it looks. Sigh. I wanted to do videos of several of the products, but it hasn’t worked out that way so far. Anyway, The Pampered Chef has already created professional videos on most of the product pages, showing best techniques and features.

The Rapid-Prep Mandoline is one of the items with videos, so go check them out.

For myself, I have used my mandoline a few times now, and am really impressed. If I have a complaint, it’s that I’d prefer an even smaller slice option, and maybe a “waffle” cut. Not that I’d use that much. So why am I impressed? I’ve had 2 other mandoline slicers before, and enjoyed them immensely (especially at pickle-making time). But both of those, with their various features, leave a good chunk of waste at the end of the useful slicing abilities, especially if you use their included food holders. I got around this some by wearing cut-resistant gloves and pushing the food through up to my fingertips. Not exactly ideal.

BUT… the Rapid-Prep Mandoline managed to safely push through every last bit of carrot! I lifted the food pusher, ready to pull out the waste chunk, and there was nothing there! I was really excited.

In addition, 99% of the sliced food landed in the container, which snaps very cleverly to the legs of the mandoline, which have suction cups on them so it doesn’t go sliding around.

It’s really easy to use, very well designed, and safer and more efficient than any other mandoline that I’ve seen. Two enthusiastic (and intact) thumbs up.

No comments: