Saturday 19 November 2011

It's officially Fall

We had a few cold fronts, but I think it's really Fall to stay now. The leaves are mostly gone, and I've given up on the garden.

I knew the tomatoes didn't stand a chance, so picked all the green ones that weren't rotten yet.


We weighed a few of the big ones; one was 11.7 ounces.

Today I made Salsa Verde with a few of them. I found a nice-sounding pickle recipe, but I'm kinda tired of making pickles.

Anybody want some? :-D

This Sunday is our church's Thanksgiving lunch. Then Thursday is Thanksgiving at MIL's. Tuesday after that we have Serenity scheduled to be spayed. Then next Saturday is my Mom's family's Christmas party. The following Saturday we go caroling with the church; the next Sunday is the Christmas program at church, and Sunday after that is Christmas! Then a week til New Year's, and a few more days after that is Cedwryck's birthday. Then Taryn and StepSon. I think we get to relax in February.
Anyone care to share your favorite tips on taking time to be kind amidst all the hustle and bustle? I do allow anonymous comments; not even the secret word puzzle thingy.

4 comments:

MamaOlive said...

Oh, by the way, the little figurines were my catch of the day in town. The pumpkin was on sale at Hobby Lobby for $2.
The Pilgrims were $1 each at Goodwill.

Ganeida said...

Secret word puzzle thingy? Oh my!

MamaOlive said...

You know, the word verification. Where you have to puzzle out the secret word before you can post a comment. :-P

Wil said...

It's not an easy answer, but "practice". :-)

When you see someone being kind / nice / courteous despite their stress, it's usually an indication that they act that way often enough for it to be habit.