Thursday 30 December 2010

my new diet

Yep, here we go again. My new diet has a twist. It starts "now" in the Biblical continuous present tense. Not yesterday, tomorrow or Monday, but "now."

The rules are:
1/2 Texas grapefruit before breakfast (I'm not torturing myself with Florida's - when I can't get grapefruit I'll do oranges)

salad with protein or homemade sandwich or wrap for lunch (with fruit if possible)

1/2 grapefruit before dinner, which should contain a broccoli or other brasaica (Sorry, that isn't in spell checker)

candy should be limited to the limit that I wouldn't lie about in an anonymous confession.

I take an Omega 3,6,9 supplement (from Sam's; made of fish oil, flaxseed oil, and a few other things like evening primrose), and when I remember I take Gluclosamine with MSM. I bought some ground flax seed and will start implementing it into baked goods.

I'm also trying to stand rather than sit as much as possible.

Yes, it's pretty simple and not a huge change, but I feel like I'm making a positive change FOR my health instead of sabotaging it as usual. The rules have to be pretty flexible considering how often we eat out.

1 comment:

Wil said...

"The rules have to be pretty flexible..."

Personally, I think flexibility is a *must* for any successful diet. If the rules you set for yourself are too strict, then it's easy to break them. Then you feel disappointed in yourself and frustrated. :-)

In 2009, when I lost 25 pounds (195 to 170), I made simple rules, promised to break them once in a while without feeling guilty, and it seemed to work okay. :-)