Tuesday 7 July 2009

the children

Those who know me on Facebook will have noticed that we spent 2 hours in the grocery store on Monday. How?? WHY?? I'm not sure why it took that long. We got there bright and early (8:30), and I had a list and some coupons. The place was nearly empty, which was nice. How is a little more complicated. I got the big cart, with William in the traditional basket seat, and Ella and Cedwryck in the big plastic seats. Taryn started off calm enough, but Naysha and Riah took turns giving each other piggy-back rides. We made it half-way through the store before the inevitable bathroom break. After that things got shaky. Everyone was in a good mood, just really wound up. They started a game. Ella would say "Hi" to fellow shoppers (there were more of them now), and when they responded all the children would laugh until they nearly fell out of the cart. In between other shoppers, William would stand up in his seat and proudly say, "TaDa!" But I got everything I needed, and saved 17% with my coupons.

William is talking quite a bit now. He finally learned "yes" instead of just saying "no" with varying degrees of intensity. This morning when I went to get him out of bed, he looked past me and said, "Daddy?" I told him Daddy was at work, and he sat down in his crib and stuck his lip out. It took a few minutes to convince him to let me pick him up. All the way down the stairs he pouted, "Daddy, work." (Daddy feels the same way most days.)

I know I had more when I wrote this in my head earlier, but that's all I've got now.
Talk to you soon.

4 comments:

Ganeida said...

lol I have lovely blog posts in my head all day but when I actually get to sit down & write all I'm left with is drivel. Where does it all go, do you know?

Anonymous said...

I guess toddlers learn "no" first because they are told that so often? jc

Wil said...

That's the problem with pre-writing blogs in your head. I do this all day, but have little worthwhile content by the time I'm sitting in front of the computer.

I bought a digital voice recorder to help me with this problem, but haven't used it once. Ugh.

MamaOlive said...

JC, I think that must be the case. Most toddlers hear "no" a great deal.

Ganeida and Wil, It's good to know I'm not alone. If 2 aspiring professional authors can't remember what they want to say, there's no shame in a pregnant housewife forgetting. :-)