Thursday, 21 March 2013

catching up

If you thought I was behind on blogging because I haven't written up the trip to Texas yet, well... I just finished (I hope) washing the clothes that we wore on the trip.

So time has passed and the details are gone...

We drove down, meeting my younger brother for supper in Dallas; stayed 3 nights in a two bedroom cottage at BLORA. Bob and I slept on the sofa bed! It was terrible, but interesting. Saw my older brother and his family; they treated us well and were very accommodating, even providing most meals. I got to shop in HEB a few times; we went to LBJ state and national parks; it was cold and windy. Visited the local mall, Army base, and playground. Made it home in one piece without too much trouble.

I do wish I had time and brain cells to write it up properly, but anyway Wil did a decent job on his blog so I guess that will have to cover it for me, too. :)

Today I spring-cleaned our bedroom, and it's so nice and big now!  And the floor feels good on my feet again. happy sigh.

Elijah wasn't feeling too well today, so I stayed home with him and Daniel while the rest went to church. It was very quiet for 90 minutes.

Ced went to the doctor yesterday for headaches and backaches. He got a spinal x-ray, which showed no curvature, so he'll do some physical therapy exercises at home to strengthen his core muscles. She also said his sinuses were quite swollen, so prescribed Flonase to help with that and maybe the headaches.

Lost one baby chick so far; the rest are doing fine.

Got new tires on the van. $$$$

See you later.

This is what I had written 2 weeks ago:

Most of you already know that we recently took a little trip.
I've been wanting to go back to Yellowstone ever since we left there. Thought 10 years might be a nice goal, but I was busy having Ella that year.  Maybe 15? Well, we were busy settling into retirement. This year!  We camped in Florida; we can camp and it won't be too expensive. But it snows there. Any time of year. (never mind the bears) Can't afford a 2-3week trip with two hotel rooms every night, plus meals and gas. So we decided to take a few short trips instead.

Timing and weather being what they are, we went to Texas this week. Drove down Monday; left home at 10am; took I-540 to I-40 to US-69 (turn off at Checotah, OK, where we stopped for lunch). Just past the border it changed to US-75, which we took into Dallas. We met my younger brother and his lady friend in Dallas at a Fuzzy Taco eatery at 4:50pm. We had a leisurely dinner and then continued south on I-35E. Once in Belton we headed over to Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (an annex of Fort Hood), where we had reserved a cabin. It was about 9:15pm when we arrived.

At check-in Bob was told that the screen door had snapped off in the wind and was placed "inside." Okay, then. We found our house and got out of the van, but the door wouldn't open. So back to the front office, where they suggested we try the "other door." So back to the house where Bob felt his way through the dark to find and open a second entry door. We unpacked and got ready for bed.

The next day we went out to my big brother's house for some visiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though it wasn't a thorough telling, I enjoyed reading. mums