Wednesday 25 April 2012

back online

Well, those who aren't on Facebook (or don't pay attention) will be wondering where I've been. My computer has refused to turn on for a week. Before that, there was some user-interface problems. But now I'm back online for real (but no promise of tomorrow). So, I'm glad to have my computer. I was almost glad to have the iPad as a backup, but it is so incredibly limited. People who only use those things (or a phone) have no idea what they are missing. While I was "gone" Blogger changed the setup. I hope it all still looks right on the other end. I really have nothing new to say except I'm happy to be back.

2 comments:

MamaOlive said...

well, it left out the line breaks. Hmm. Will have to look into that.

Wil said...

I've heard about the limitations of iPads (and other iDevices) but haven't seen them for myself.

The blog entry looks fine to me, if you meant it all as one paragraph. (EDIT: I see you didn't mean it that way.)

I'm pretty sure the future of personal computing and communication is an all-in-one device, but I think most people don't realize that the iPads and iPhones of today are merely the earliest stages of the transition phase. We have a long way to go before all the money has been milked out of these initial devices and they actually sell what we'll be using in the future. ;-)