Sunday 1 February 2009

misc church stuff

A couple other things I wanted to mention about church today.
The children behaved pretty well, so I was able to pay attention. :-)

There is a woman at church; I met her at the Christmas dinner but I don't know anything about her other than she is always there, and has twin boys, about 1 1/2 years old. She doesn't come with anyone else - I don't know if she's married or not. But most Sundays one of the boys will get fussy on her, and I feel so sorry for her, but every time another lady will go and offer to hold one of the boys for her, and help her out. And I am proud of my church, that they offer needed help and make it possible for this lady to come to church.

And pastor said a couple of things that I really enjoyed.

1. When God wants to use you, there's no need to make excuses. God won't be surprised to learn that you are weak, or stupid, or faulty. He already knows that and He chooses to use and bless and grace us anyway.

2. The Spirit and the Word agree.
The Word without the Spirit dries up.
The Spirit without the Word blows up.
The Word and the Spirit together grows [us] up.

3. He says this all the time:
All means ALL. You are not the exception. One size does fit all, and if it pinches, lose some weight.


Our internet connection is pretty pathetic here, but if you have time, you can go to our church website and listen to sermons there.

No comments: